- A Notable Practitioner (Associate to Watch) for ‘Clinical negligence: mainly defendant (UK-wide)’
- “David Froome is a senior associate with considerable clinical negligence experience, regularly involved in cases of high value and complexity. Sources say: ‘He has a light touch, a great deal of experience and a great gut feeling for where things are going.’”
Chambers UK 2018
- “David Froome frequently represents NHS Trusts in difficult cases including catastrophic injury claims and obstetrics matters. He is singled out by interviewees for his ‘impressive attention to detail’ and for his ‘good mastery for the numbers’ in quantum cases.”
Chambers UK 2016
David is a Senior Associate in Kennedys’ London office. He commenced his legal career as a clerk with a claimant personal injury firm in 1981. He went on to qualify as a Chartered Legal Executive and then, in 2001, to qualify as a solicitor in England and Wales. David has specialised in clinical negligence cases since 1990.
David represents the NHS, medical defence organisations and medical insurers in relation to clinical negligence claims. He specialises in claims concerning cerebral palsy, brain injury and spinal injury cases, but also handles cases encompassing a full range of medical issues. Recent and ongoing cases involve obstetrics, neonatal care, delayed diagnosis of cancer, and surgery. David is experienced at representing NHS trusts, private hospitals and doctors, as well as general practitioners.
Many of the claims involve more than one defendant and David has experience of the tactical issues that commonly arise in such cases. The damages value of many of the claims that David manages are over £10 million. He has a detailed understanding of issues such as multipliers, discount rates, periodical payments and costs.
- Qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive
- Qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales 2001