- Acting for insurers in relation to a £1bn road infrastructure project in Scotland in respect of claims for damage and delay to the project.
- Acting for a London-based firm of architects Donald Insall in relation to an adjudication and then TCC enforcement of a claim relating the King’s Observatory, Kew. The matter is subject to reported judgments.
- Representing a national contractor in pursuing claims against sub-contractors and designers for defective works and delays relating to public sector school and hospital projects.
- Acting for insurers in an ongoing arbitration in Dublin concerning a state body claim for damage to contract works.
- Acting for insurers in relation to disputes on several PFI hospital and school projects concerning defective workmanship and design.
- Acting for international insurers and reinsurers in relation to issues arising during the construction of hydroelectric project in Colombia and also in respect of a collapsed crane in Colombia.
Caitlin attended Cardiff University and subsequently trained and practised in Bristol as a contentious construction solicitor. Shortly after qualification in 2015, Caitlin obtained her Higher Rights of Audience and is therefore able to appear in the English and Welsh courts as a solicitor advocate.
Caitlin moved to Kennedys in early 2018 and in 2020 was promoted to Senior Associate in the property, energy and construction team.
Caitlin specialises in construction and engineering dispute resolution for construction professionals including international contractors, architects, housing associations and specialist subcontractors, both domestically and internationally, including via litigation, arbitration, adjudication and mediation. She is experienced in advising on all elements of construction disputes, including claims relating to loss and expense, delay, liquidated damages, defects, final account disputes and variations. Caitlin is experienced in drafting upstream and downstream adjudication pleadings and has worked with most dispute resolution boards. She is also experienced in advising on standard form contracts, including JCT, NEC and FIDIC.
Caitlin also specialises in advising on policy coverage in construction and energy projects and recovery actions involving contractors' all risks (CAR) and erection all risks (EAR) claims specifically with respect to damage and delay in start-up.
In 2018, Caitlin was seconded to Zurich’s construction team where she advised on policy coverage of first party construction and energy claims and recovery of losses.