- Court of Session litigation with counsel: successful defence of alleged negligence of midwives in post-natal care. (CLO)
- English litigation with counsel: successful defence of misdiagnosis of myxoid liposarcoma as Baker’s cyst. (MPS)
- English litigation with counsel: successful defence, and successful defence on appeal, of delayed diagnosis of hip fracture. (MPS)
- English litigation with counsel: successful causation argument in fatal claim relating to delay in diagnosis of myocardial infarction resulting in saving on damages of around £300,000. (MPS)
- English litigation: successful argument on consent post Montgomery resulting in discontinuance the day before trial in claim relating to cosmetic facelift procedure. (MPS)
- English pre-litigation: successful causation argument resulting in early discontinuance of high value fatal claim relating to delayed diagnosis of bacterial endocarditis. (MPS)
Stephanie is an Associate in Kennedys’ Edinburgh office. She joined in Autumn 2019 and her practice focuses on insurance defence litigation of medical malpractice and personal injury actions.
Stephanie trained with the NHS Central Legal Office and qualified as a Scottish solicitor in 2015. Stephanie then spent several years working in London with the Medical Protection Society. Stephanie is dual qualified as a New York Attorney and was admitted to the New York State Bar in February 2018.
Stephanie specialises in medical malpractice and has a wide range of experience in high value and complex claims for the Scottish NHS; and GPs and private consultants throughout the UK. She has experience in the areas of misdiagnosis, delays in diagnosis and referral, and surgical complications. Stephanie has successfully litigated cases with counsel in the Scottish Sheriff Courts and Court of Session; and the English County and High Courts, and Court of Appeal. She also has advocacy experience in the Scottish Sheriff Courts.
- Qualified in Scotland in 2015
- Admitted to New York State Bar in 2018.