- Acting on behalf of insurers in coverage dispute, ultimately settled through arbitration, in relation to high-profile childcare industry claims with quantum in excess of €4m.
- Advising insurers on multi-million euro subrogated recovery actions against external consultants arising from environmental liability policy following a high profile peat slide at windfarm site.
- Managed the Law Society of Ireland’s Special Purpose Fund (SPF) incorporating the Assigned Risk Pool & Run-off Fund, handling the run-off cover and claims for ceased legal practices.
- Former member of the Law Society of Ireland’s Participating Insurers Liaison Committee and SPF Management Committee, including advising in relation to the Solicitors’ Professional Indemnity Regulations.
Gearóid is a senior associate in the Insurance team in Kennedys' Dublin office. Gearóid specialises in defending complex professional indemnity claims, coverage matters and run-off insurance including in relation to construction professionals, professional lines, financial institutions and directors and officers.
Gearóid has extensive experience in insurance disputes involving environmental liability policies and subrogated recovery actions on behalf of insurers. He also has experience in alternative dispute resolution methods including arbitration, mediation and conciliation.
Key insurance areas include solicitors’ and construction claims, in addition to handling the defence and coverage disputes arising from other professionals; architects, accountants, surveyors, brokers, recruitment consultants, property management consultants and professional service consultants.
Gearóid is a member of the Law Society of Ireland, the Insurance Institute of Ireland (III), Dublin Solicitors Bar Association and Forum of Insurance Lawyers Ireland.
- Qualified in Ireland in 2007
- Qualified in England & Wales in 2010
- Diploma in Construction Law in 2020
- Professional Diploma in Insurance (CIP) in 2015
- Professional Diploma in Compliance