- Defended an insurance broker against professional negligence cross-claims filed in two class action proceedings in the Supreme Court of NSW. The proceedings involved 12 parties including primary insurers, excess insurers and financial auditors.
- Defended an insurance broker against a professional negligence/E&O claim by a fronting reinsurer commenced in a Swiss court arising from the placement of a global reinsurance and retrocession arrangement.
- Acted for a telecommunications company in an international arbitration (under SIAC rules) of an insurance coverage dispute concerning a crime insurance policy involving cross-jurisdictional issues.
- Advised on a construction coverage dispute against an insurer and multinational construction and infrastructure company concerning the application of a LEG3 exclusion clause.
- Acted for a global insurer directly joined to class action proceedings in the Supreme Court of NSW under the Civil Liability (Third Party Claims Against Insurers) Act 2017 in relation to cover under a medical malpractice policy.
- Advised numerous insurers and policyholders on the review, negotiation and placement of political risks/political violence policies, latent defects policies, D&O insurance policies, tax liability policies, construction policies, contractor's all risks insurance policies, defective title policies and Warranty & Indemnity (W&I) insurance policies.
Daniel is a senior associate in the Dubai office of Kennedys. Daniel qualified in New South Wales, Australia in 2013 and has previously practised as a lawyer in Sydney and London.
Daniel specialises in insurance and reinsurance law and commercial dispute resolution. He has experience advising insurers, reinsurers, insurance brokers and other intermediaries on a variety of contentious and non-contentious insurance matters within the EMEA and APAC regions including in Australia, the United Kingdom and the United Arab Emirates.
Daniel has extensive experience advising on claims handling and recoveries, policy interpretation and coverage in relation to various lines of business and acting as defence counsel on instructions from insurers. This experience includes defending clients in complex and multi-jurisdictional professional negligence cases, international arbitration and class action litigation.
Daniel has also assisted clients with obtaining regulatory and court approval for the transfers of general and life insurance businesses, reviewing and negotiating the placement of policy wordings and advising on the insurance aspects of real estate, corporate mergers & acquisitions (M&A), construction, private equity and energy transactions.
Daniel is registered with and regulated by both the Dubai Legal Affairs Department in the United Arab Emirates and the Law Society of NSW in Australia.