- Managed multiple claims involving millions of dollars against several US and European financial institutions arising out of the LIBOR scandal.
- Managed millions of dollars in claims against financial institutions arising out of the financial crisis for multiple insurers.
- Successfully asserted a fiduciary exclusion in an employment practices liability policy in connection with a $100+ million claim, resulting in the insured abandoning its pursuit of the claim under the policy.
- Successfully obtained numerous declaratory judgments of no coverage for domestic insurers under general liability policies.
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD, 2000
- Knox College, BA, 1994
Of Counsel in our Chicago office, Jennifer is an insurance specialist with over 20 years’ experience in the insurance industry. Jennifer has a history of successfully representing insurers domestically, as well as in the Bermuda and London markets. Her practice is focused predominantly on professional lines, but Jennifer’s practice also includes the handling of general liability, managed care/healthcare and reinsurance matters.
Insurers rely on Jennifer for prudent, intelligent counsel in a range of coverage matters. She acts as a trusted advisor on all aspects of claims involving directors’ and officers’ liability, management liability, employment practices, lawyers, accountants, and insurance agents’ liability, and other claims brought under professional line policies. Jennifer also manages coverage matters associated with general liability and cyber liability policies.
Throughout her career, Jennifer has built relationships with a number of Bermuda, London and domestic carriers. She has also represented insurers in coverage litigation and arbitration. Such matters include representing insurance companies in general coverage disputes, declaratory judgment actions, bad faith litigation and other extra-contractual matters. In addition, she often performs auditing services for reinsurers and assists in the drafting of various policy forms.
Jennifer is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS), and the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM).