- Second chair trial counsel for excess insurer in multi-month trial regarding primary exhaustion, where policyholder sought coverage for underlying asbestos bodily injury claims with total value of more than $150 million.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer and against a putative additional insured seeking a defense and more than $3 million in indemnity arising from an underlying construction defect lawsuit.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer where putative additional insured’s notice of a $5 million claim after judgment in an underlying personal injury action was late.
- Represented treaty reinsurer in U.S. arbitration involving underlying abuse claims.
- Represents insurers in high-profile environmental contamination lawsuit in Ohio where the insureds seek indemnity for alleged liabilities arising from the CCR Rule.
- Represents insurers in disputes regarding policyholders’ claims for business interruption coverage following COVID 19 pandemic.
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois Bankruptcy Court
- US District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, JD, 2012
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BA, 2008
Bevin is a Partner in the Chicago office. Her practice focuses on insurance coverage counseling and litigation. Bevin represents domestic and international insurers and reinsurers facing complex disputes involving commercial general liability, professional liability, pollution legal liability, first-party property and reinsurance risks. She is adept at handling coverage disputes involving primary, umbrella, excess and surplus lines policies. Bevin has litigated insurance coverage disputes involving bad faith, long-tail environmental, toxic tort, construction defect, and additional insured claims in state and federal courts throughout the United States. Bevin also defends clients in commercial, product liability and toxic tort litigation throughout the United States.
Bevin spent four months as a secondee with a global insurer, where she worked closely with the U.S. Professional Liability Team. During her secondment, Bevin analyzed coverage under E&O policies issued to lawyers and other miscellaneous professionals, assisted in the handling of complex professional liability claims, and assisted with drafting policy language.
Bevin has extensive experience in managing electronically-stored information and providing e-discovery litigation support. She negotiates e-discovery protocols and vendor contracts, and assists clients in preservation, collection, and review of voluminous electronically-stored information.
Bevin graduated from the University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign with a bachelor’s degree in Political Science and English. She received her law degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law, where she served as a representative for the Student Bar Association and as an Associate Editor for the Chicago-Kent Journal of International and Comparative Law. She also served as an Associate Editor and Author for the Chicago-Kent Seventh Circuit Review, an online publication that featured her honors seminar paper concerning judicial discretion in assessing the reliability of an expert’s methodology.