- Recommended lawyer for 'Professional negligence (West Midlands)'
"Paul Chaplin has many years of experience in advising insurers on policy-related matters and in the defence of claims against a wide range of their professional insureds including solicitors, accountants and brokers."
The Legal 500 UK 2021
- Paul Chaplin…”has strong expertise in financial and IFA related professional indemnity claims”
Chambers UK 2019
- Paul Chaplin is praised by clients for being "incredibly helpful, and he spends time explaining the finer points in layman terms… He is particularly renowned for assisting insurers with claims involving solicitors, financial services and construction professionals.”
Chambers UK 2018
- Paul Chaplin “…provides ‘first-class advice’ in defending professional negligence and indemnity claims”
Legal 500 2018
Paul is a partner in our Birmingham office and is a professional indemnity specialist. He qualified as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) in 1992.
Paul has a wealth of experience in advising insurers on policy related matters and in the defence of claims against a wide range of their professional insureds, most notably solicitors, financial service providers, accountants, construction professionals and brokers.
He brings experience of defending claims to trial and subsequent appeals to the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court; as well as dispute resolution expertise, including mediation and arbitration. This includes resolution of disputes before the Financial Ombudsman and Pensions Ombudsman.
Paul is a member of the Birmingham Law Society
- Qualified as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) in 1992