Joshua is a senior associate at Kennedys Legal Solutions in Singapore who is part of both the Insurance and Commercial Litigation teams.
He began his training here at Kennedys Legal Solutions in November 2015 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in May 2018.
Joshua has assisted in several high profile, complex and cross-border disputes ranging from general commercial and corporate disputes, insurance and re-insurance disputes, and building and construction disputes.
He has assisted in trials at both the State Court and the High Court of Singapore and also has experience with arbitrations conducted under the SIAC Rules.
Joshua graduated from the School of Oriental and African Studies in London in 2015 with a Bachelor of Law (Second Upper).
- Representing an insurer in the High Court in defence of a claim made by its insured in which both liability and quantum is being disputed
- Representing an insurer in an arbitration conducted under the SIAC Rules in its subrogated claim that resulted from a fire
- Representing a contractor in an arbitration conducted under the SIAC Rules for a claim of a multi-million dollar claim against a sub-contractor for breach of contract
- Assisted in a trial in the State Courts to defend a tenant of a claim made by its landlord for breach of its tenancy agreement in which the judge dismissed the landlord’s claim entirely and awarded the tenant its counter-claim in full
- Assisted in a Singapore seated ad-hoc arbitration defending a building developer against a claim made by the main contractor