Aurélia Cadain is a partner at Kennedys, whose Paris office she co-founded in October 2017. She is an insurance specialist with extensive expertise in complex and international litigation matters of transport law (aviation, marine, road), industrial risk, insurance, including political violence, and product liability, including health products.
Aurélia is regularly instructed in complex disputes, both before French courts and arbitration tribunals, where she acts for leading global insurers and manufacturers, including pharmaceutical companies. She also assists well-known airline companies both in their day-to-day operations and in important litigation.
Aurelia’s practice includes coverage disputes, defence work, subrogation claims. It spans several key industry sectors (aerospace, transport, tourism, political violence, manufacturing, health industry and medical malpractice) with a particular focus on product liability. She has developed particular experience in complex expert-appraisal proceedings including in aviation and marine matters, healthcare and industrial risk.
Aurélia also has a daily practice in advising and litigating complex transport claims (in aviation, marine, road and rail) involving individuals and carried goods.
Aurelia holds regular seminars and webinars in insurance and medical liability.
She is recommended by leading legal directories for product liability and aviation, such as ‘Best Lawyers’ (Best Lawyers), Legal 500 and WWL.
Aurélia is the current contributor to the French chapter for GTDT: Aviation Liability and co-contributor to the French chapter for GTDT: Insurance and to the Aviation Law Review and of the Chambers - Medical Devices & Consumer Health Products Guide. She is a member of AIDA (Association Internationale de Droit des Assurances), IAWA (International Aviation Womens Association), SFDAS and ISC France.
Aurélia speaks French, and she is also fluent in English and Spanish.
- Recommended Lawyer for Insurance | The Legal 500 EMEA 2023"Aurélia Cadain provides expertise in transport litigation and product liability."
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Aviation (France)' | The Legal 500 EMEA 2023"Aurélia Cadain is a partner at Kennedys France and our main contact. She is very approachable, hands-on and pro-active."
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Insurance Law (France)' | The Best Lawyers in France 2023
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Aviation (Belgium)' | The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
"Aurélia Cadain is efficient and professional. She gives us good advice and good proposals for the way forward when we have a hearing."
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Insurance (France)' | The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
"Aurélia Cadain brings extensive experience in transport law (aviation, marine, rail and road)."
- An Expert in Who's Who Legal for 'Product Liability Defence (Paris)' | Who's Who Legal 2022
"Aurélia Cadain is a 'top insurance specialist', singled out among peers for her excellence when it comes to transport and product liability claims."
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Insurance (Paris)' | The Best Lawyers in France 2022
- An Expert in Who's Who Legal for 'Product Liability Defence (France)' | Who's Who Legal 2021
"Aurélia Cadain is highly sought after by pharmaceutical companies and insurance carriers for her significant expertise in liability claims."
- An Expert in Who's Who Legal for 'Transport: Aviation (France)' | Who's Who Legal 2021
"Aurélia Cadain is widely praised for her prestigious aviation practice, with sources noting her first-rate assistance across operational and litigious issues."
- An Expert in Who's Who Legal for 'Product Liability Defence' | Who's Who Legal 2021
"Peers readily endorse Aurélia Cadain as 'a strong professional in product liability matters'. Her 'notable expertise in the insurance sector' receives further praise."
- Recommended lawyer for 'Aviation (France)' | The Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- Recommended lawyer for 'Insurance (France)' | The Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- Global Leader for ‘Aviation Contentious (France)' | Who’s Who Legal Transport 2021
- Recommended lawyer for 'Insurance (France)' | The Legal 500 EMEA 2020
"Aurélia Cadain made herself available at any time. Her vast knowledge and experience of French law have helped us a great deal in making decisions about how to act."
- Recommended lawyer for 'Construction (France)' | The Legal 500 EMEA 2020
- Recommended lawyer for 'Aviation (France)' | The Legal 500 EMEA 2020
- An Expert in Who’s Who Legal for ‘Product Liability Defense’| Who's Who Legal 2020
"Aurélia Cadain is an "extremely sharp practitioner" who is "great to work with".
- An Expert in Who's Who Legal for 'Aviation' | Who's Who Legal 2020
"Aurélia Cadain gains recognition for her excellence across a range of aviation legal issues and in-depth knowledge of insurance matters."
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Aviation' | The Legal 500 EMEA 2019
"Aurélia Cadain noted for her expertise in carrier liability."
- An Expert in Who’s Who Legal for ‘Aviation’ and 'Product Liability' | Who’s Who Legal 2019
“Aurélia Cadain is well known in the European market for her top-notch aviation practice as well as her particular expertise in complex insurance claims.”
"Aurélia Cadain impresses peers with her expertise in product liability defence law. One source comments that she is "experienced, knows the market and has excellent attention to detail."
"Aurélia Cadain is "highly experienced" when it comes to product liability risk and litigation say sources, who consider her a top name in the area."
- Representing one of the largest tyre manufacturers in its commercial litigations in France.
- Assisting and representing an insured and its insurers, on both civil and criminal aspects, following a major loss caused by a fire that took place in a sub-aquatic international tunnel.
- Representing an insurer in expert-appraisal related to a major warehouse fire.
- Representing pharmaceutical laboratories in disputes relating to the marketing of health products.
- Regularly assisting and representing foreign airlines in litigations and negotiations relating to passengers claims and cargo claims.
- Representing an insurer following the crash of a helicopter.