- Cornell Law School, JD, 1997
- Rollins College, BA, 1992
Jared is a partner in the firm’s New York and Basking Ridge offices. He counsels insurers on insurance coverage, claim adjustment, and contract interpretation on hundreds of first-party property and commercial losses following hurricanes, wildfires, hailstorms, civil unrest and other catastrophes across numerous industries including high-rise buildings and apartment complexes, public works and infrastructure, hotels, real estate developments, country clubs, wineries, hospitals and condominium associations. In addition to handling matters of insurance coverage, Jared litigates matters involving disputes for hedge fund advisors, collateral managers, and partnerships. He is also experienced in representing clients in litigation involving alleged construction defects and faulty products and equipment. A seasoned litigator, Jared regularly appears in numerous state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels throughout the United States on behalf of domestic and foreign insurers and businesses.
Jared regularly speaks at continuing legal education programs (CLEs) as well as at court-sponsored seminars. He is routinely quoted in law industry, business and finance journals such as the New York Law Journal, Law360, National Law Journal, MarketWatch, and Business Insurance.
Qualifications and admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- US District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- US District Court for the District of New Jersey
- US District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of New York
- New York Metro Super Lawyers 2017-2023
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV Preeminent
- Counsels insurers on insurance coverage, claim adjustment, and contract interpretation on first party property and commercial claims following hurricanes, wildfires, hailstorms, civil unrest, coronavirus and other catastrophes
- Selected by the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York judicial committee presiding over the court’s more than 1500 case Hurricane Sandy docket to serve as defendants’ liaison counsel; created and led 12-member strong steering committee to serve lawyers representing insurance companies to coordinate efforts and set strategy for managing the docket.
- With the guidance of two retired New York State Court of Appeals justices, selected by numerous public works contractors and their insurers to oppose the appeal of the dismissal of a series of cases brought by Long Island towns and villages seeking hundreds of millions of dollars in alleged damage to roadways from the contractors’ construction.
Presentations and publications
- “Winery claims Part 3 – Grape expectations: What’s it worth? Stock loss and inventory valuation,” In-House Client Training (November 2023)
- “Winery property claims part 2 - Hot topics in winery coverage claims,” In-House Client Training (October 2023)
- “Winery property claims Part 1: Smoke taint - Why the science matters?” In-House Client Training (August 2023)
- “Weathering the Storm: Insurance Coverage for Natural Disasters,” presented to the Insurance Law Section at the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Annual Meeting (May 2023)
- “Builders’ Risk Policies: Hot Topics,” In-House Client Training (May 2022)
- Co-Author, “Regulatory Estoppel Does Not Invalidate the Virus Exclusion,” published for Law360 (July 2020)
- Quoted in, “What We Are Confronting Now is Really Unprecedented. Coronavirus-Related Lawsuits Are About to Flood the Courts,” MarketWatch (May 2020)
- Quoted in, “Legal Experts Prepare for Battle Over Business Interruption Coverage,” Business Insurance (April 2020)
- “Potential First-Party Coverage Issues Arising from Coronavirus Claims,” In-House Client Training (April 2020)
- Author, “Florida’s Assignment of Benefits Reform Bill Becomes Law Ahead of Peak Hurricane Season,” published for CaseText (July 2019)
- “Insurance Litigation Issues,” presented for Harris Martin’s Hurricane Litigation Conference (May 2018)
- Panelist, “Windstorm vs. Flood: A Wave of Difference,” presented for Lloyd’s Market Association (October 2017)
- Author, “Limitations on the Ability of Insurers to Disclaim Coverage,” published for Insurance Law Practice – 2d Edition, New York State Bar Association (2016)
- “Coverage Issues Arising from Super Storm Sandy and Implications for Future Hurricane Events,” presented for DRI’s Insurance Coverage and Practice Symposium (December 2015)