- University of Cincinnati College of Law, JD
- University of Charleston West Virginia, BA
James Gammell focuses his practice on complex, domestic and international insurance coverage disputes including those arising under directors’ and officers’ (D&O) liability, professional liability, employment practices (EPL) liability and financial institutions liability.
Prior to joining Kennedys, James represented insurers in a variety of coverage matters focusing on public and private company D&O, EPL and professional liability across a range of industries including, healthcare, banking and finance, and business. James has experience providing coverage advice and counsel to carriers as well as representing carriers in coverage disputes. James also has experience as a litigator defending companies from employment and general liability claims in state and federal courts.
James is admitted to practice in both Ohio and West Virginia. He earned his law degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, and graduated from the University of Charleston, summa cum laude, as a double major in history and political science, where he was a standout for and captain of the men’s tennis team.
Qualifications and admissions
- West Virginia
- US District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Presentations and publications
- Co-author, “D&O insurance: Impact and risks of artificial intelligence and its use by the board of directors in decision making,” published for Kennedys (August 2023)
- “Litigation Funding,” In-House Client Training (July 2023)