- Brooklyn Law School, JD, 2009
- Emory University, BA, 2005
Greg is a partner in the Financial Lines Practice Group. He represents foreign and domestic insurers in connection with complex coverage issues arising under major professional liability lines. His experience includes counseling, litigation, and alternative dispute resolution involving directors and officers, financial institutions, cyber liability, transactional risk, and other professional liability coverages.
Greg’s practice includes counseling insurers and resolving disputes in connection with underlying securities class actions, shareholder derivative actions, private equity disputes, de-SPAC transactions, regulatory investigations, and bankruptcy and insolvency issues arising in the insurance context. Greg also regularly counsels clients with respect to claims and underwriting matters, including the development of new insurance products and drafting policy forms.
Greg is a frequent writer on issues of interest to professional liability insurers, and is a member of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS).
Qualifications and admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- US District Court, New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- New York Super Lawyers Rising Star (2016-2021)
- Representing foreign insurers in connection with state and federal lawsuits against IPO underwriter arising under Section 11 of the Securities Act of 1933.
- Representing primary and excess insurers in connection with SPAC-related securities litigation and breach of fiduciary duty lawsuits
- Representing buyer-side reps and warranties insurers in connection with various transactions
- Representing excess D&O insurers in connection with Chapter 11 bankruptcy filed by one of the largest producers of generic opioids in the United States
- Represented primary and excess insurers as coverage and monitoring counsel in connection with D&O and E&O coverage for large financial institutions.
- Represented Tech E&O insurer as coverage counsel in connection with opioid-related multidistrict litigation (MDL) presenting significant coverage and exposure issues.
- Handled numerous claims as coverage and monitoring counsel in connection with claims involving errors and omissions committed by mortgage brokers and bankers, lawyers, real estate agents, insurance agents and brokers, home inspectors, debt collectors, title agents, technical consultants, and other miscellaneous professional classes.
- Represented a foreign E&O insurer in a subrogation action venued in Arizona to recover damages in a products liability action.
- Represented Excess and Lead Side-A DIC insurers in complex, high exposure civil and criminal matters involving issues such as Side-A coverage trigger, professional services exclusions, and DIC Events.
- Represented primary E&O insurer in a declaratory judgment action in the Southern District of New York with respect to claims-made and prior knowledge coverage issues.
Presentations and publications
- Co-author, “Supreme Court cuts defendants “slack” on Section 11 direct listing claims,” published for Kennedys (June 2023)
- “Everything you wanted to know about Side-A but were too afraid to ask,” In-House Client Training (April 2023)
- Co-author, “Stillwater: Delaware Supreme Court addresses choice of law principles and insurance coverage for shareholder appraisal actions,” published for Kennedys (February 2023)
- Co-author, “The SEC Incentive-Based Compensation Clawback Rule is now effective,” published for Kennedys (February 2023)
- “Private company D&O insurance,” In-House Client Training (October 2022)
- “New York Insurance Law Section 3420 (D)(2),” In-House Client Training (May 2022)
- Co-author, “Sixth Circuit upholds “staggeringly broad” contractual liability exclusion,” published for Kennedys (July 2021)
- Co-author, “New breed of SPAC-related litigation? Breach of fiduciary duty lawsuits following de-SPAC transactions,” published for Kennedys (April 2021)
- “Cyber Insurance in Commercial Contracts,” In-House Client Training, Webinar (January 2020)
- Co-author, "This Year's Summer Insurance Blockbuster: Office Depot v. AIG Specialty Insurance Company (Starring the Contractual Liability, Prior Acts and Regulatory Exclusions)," published for PLUS Journal (September 2019)
- “When It Rains, It Pours: New and Emerging D&O Exposure, from Murdock to Cyan," In-House Client Training (October 2018)
- "Securities Litigation 2018 Mid-Year Roundup," In-House Client Training (July 2018)
- "Cyber Insurance in Commercial Contracts: Allocation of Risk, Coverage, Interplay with Other Insurance Requirements," Strafford CLE webinar (July 2018)
- "Unique Issues in Settling D&O Claims," In-House Client Training (October 2017)