Adam is a partner in our corporate and commercial practice, specialising in transactions in the aviation and asset finance sectors.
Adam qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2005, and since then has gained extensive experience advising airlines, lessors and financiers in connection with a broad range of international financing, leasing and asset sale and purchase transactions. He has particular expertise in advising clients in the aviation sector on the acquisition, financing, leasing and disposal of aircraft and aircraft engines and, more generally, on commercial agreements, including asset management arrangements and maintenance, overhaul and product support contracts.
Beyond the aviation industry, Adam has advised financiers and lessors on the financing and leasing of rolling stock and other general equipment, plant and machinery, and the sale and purchase of lease receivables.
Adam has been identified as a leading individual in the Asset Finance: Aviation Finance section of Chambers & Partners UK for a number of years, and clients have commented that “his calm, methodical, practical and commercial approach to matters is exactly what we require and appreciate. His client service is excellent.” (Chambers & Partners UK 2022).
He is also identified as a key lawyer (Transport Finance and Leasing) in the most recent edition of Legal 500 UK (2023) and has been “recommended” in Who’s Who Legal in the Transport - Aviation (Finance) category since 2020.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2005
- A Leading Individual in Asset Finance: Aviation Finance (Chambers & Partners UK, 2018-2023)
- A Key Lawyer in Transport Finance and Leasing (Legal 500 UK 2021; 2023)
- “Recommended” in Who’s Who Legal: Transport - Aviation (Finance) (2020 - 2023)
- Named as one of Airline Economics’ “40 under 40” in 2018
- Advised an aircraft lessor on the restructuring of a portfolio of 12 freighter aircraft leases.
- Advised a start-up low cost carrier in connection with the leasing of its launch fleet of five Boeing 737 MAX aircraft.
- Advised an alternative financier in connection with its acquisition of two Airbus aircraft on lease to a major US airline.
- Advised TAP Air Portugal on its inaugural French tax lease of two A330neo aircraft, which was awarded Tax Lease Deal of the Year in the Air Finance Journal "Deal of the Year" Awards 2019.
- Advised a flag carrier airline on the sale of multiple owned aircraft from its fleet.
- Advised the asset finance division of an international bank in relation to the purchase of multiple portfolios of commercial vehicle lease receivables.