Mark is a senior associate in the professional liability team and works across our national team. Mark qualified in July 2007 and joined Kennedys in November 2021.
Mark specialises in the defence of construction professionals in high-value and multi-party disputes. He acts for architects, engineers, surveyors, project managers and contractors.
He is an experienced civil litigator and has handled litigation in the County Court, High Court and Court of Appeal. He is well versed in alternative dispute resolution, particularly mediation, and regularly deals with adjudication and arbitration proceedings.
Mark also regularly advises professional indemnity insurers in respect of issues relating to policy cover.
Qualifications and admissions
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2007
- Recommended lawyer for 'Professional negligence (Yorkshire and the Humber)'
The Legal 500 UK 2023
- Acting on behalf of the employer’s agent / costs consultant in the defence of claim regarding significant defects in the refurbishment of a convent and care home.
- Defending a firm of cost consultants in a negligence claim arising out of the failure (due to spiralling costs) of a multi-million pound construction project.
- Defending a firm of structural engineers in respect of a claim arising out of the refurbishment and structural alterations to facilitate a change of use of a multi-storey office block.
- Advising insurers in respect of policy coverage issues relating to structural defects in the roof construction of a factory building.
- Representing an electrical contractor in adjudication proceedings relating to a large scale lighting system installed in an educational establishment.