- Villanova University School of Law, JD (cum laude), 2009
- University of Virginia, BA, 2006
Jill is a partner in the Basking Ridge office, and her practice focuses on a broad range of insurance coverage issues, including environmental, product liability, sexual abuse, toxic tort, construction, errors and omissions, professional liability, and employment claims. She regularly provides counseling and representation to both domestic and international insurers, as well as large corporate clients, in connection with general risk analyses and civil disputes. Jill has experience in resolving complex insurance coverage matters involving general liability, professional liability and Bermuda-form policies in both state and federal courts throughout the country as well as through arbitration. As part of her work on complex coverage matters, Jill has experience in e-discovery services as well as the collection and review of large volumes of Electronically-Stored Information (ESI).
Prior to joining Kennedys, Jill was an associate at a large international firm, where her practice focused on insurance fraud and bad faith claims. She graduated from Villanova University School of Law, cum laude, where she served as Managing Editor of Student Works for the Villanova Sports & Entertainment Law Journal. Jill also acted as a legal intern for the Villanova Civil Justice Clinic, providing representation to low-income clients in the greater Philadelphia area in connection with a broad range of civil disputes. Following graduation, Jill served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable William L'E Wertheimer, J.S.C., in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Union County.
Qualifications and admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- US District Court, New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Recommended lawyer for ‘Insurance: Advice to Insurers in United States’ The Legal 500 US (2021)
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for insurer in litigation involving both insured and a second tower of insurance coverage relating to a $38 million claim arising from the insured’s professional services.
- Successfully argued and obtained summary judgment for insurer in connection with a large-scale New York construction defect claim, resulting in a finding of no coverage and a requirement that the insurer be reimbursed for approximately $1.1 million in underlying defense costs.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar settlement among various insurance companies and two separate insureds in connection with a claim for grave bodily injury.
- Represented US and UK insurers in connection with over $150 million exposure relating to hundreds of underlying gasoline-related contamination cases.
- Handles a large number of insurance coverage cases arising from high volume of sexual abuse claims filed following the passing of reviver statutes in several states.
Presentations and publications
- “General liability policies - Coverage A bodily injury and property damage liability,” In-House Client Training (October 2023)
- “New York Insurance Law § 3420,” In-House Client Training (September 2023)
- “PFAS: Coverage implications and litigation landscape,” In-House Client Training (September 2023)
- “Navigating the Duty to Defend Trigger and Allocation,” In-House Client Training (October 2019)
- Contributor, US Construction Defect Insurance Coverage Law Compendium (September 2019)