Over the last few years we have assisted our clients with exposures and claims in Israel through our unique and market-leading association with Israeli insurance law and disputes firm Zelichov, Ben-Dan & Co. As from 1 October 2020, we are delighted to expand our international presence by opening a new office in Israel, with the partners and staff from Zelichov, Ben-Dan & Co, joining Kennedys.
Our Israel practice
The UK and Israel are increasingly important trading partners. For historical and commercial reasons, Israel is a key market for London-based international insurers.
Most large risks are reinsured overseas, often directly into the London and US markets. As such, Israel is a natural marketplace for us and our clients.
Our expanded Israel practice consists of a team of skilled, multi-lingual lawyers (including Hebrew speakers and Israeli qualified lawyers) who understand and have experience of Israeli business and culture. We aim to give rapid and practical legal advice tailored to your needs.
We provide our London and international insurer clients with insurance and reinsurance coverage advice as well as monitoring, claims administration, management and coordination services relating to Israeli risks.
Our highly regarded international litigation and arbitration team is also experienced in all forms of commercial disputes relating to Israel. We regularly advise clients on jurisdictional, forum and international risk issues.
As a leading global insurance law and disputes firm we have expertise in all lines of business. Our core practice areas include:
- Energy and construction
- Financial lines
- Fine art and specie
- Healthcare and medical malpractice
- Insurance and reinsurance coverage advice
- Monitoring and claims coordination services
- Personal injury
- Political risk
- Product liability and recalls
- Property damage
- Advising London insurers on coverage relating to major flooding damage relating to a prestigious Israeli PPI infrastructure project.
- Representing a US manufacturer in respect of a major medical implant product recall in Israel.
- Advising foreign leading airlines on cargo claims issued against them by Israeli entities.
- Advising Israeli and UK insurers in connection with a recall of Israeli manufactured consumer products in the US.
- Acting for the international insurance market in respect of major damage to a ship by an underwater installation in the port of Hadera.
- Advising UK insurers on, and monitoring, a series of related EPL claims brought in the Tel Aviv labour court.