- Represented large health care system as lead counsel in a federal class-action litigation relating to an alleged breach of patient health care and personal information resulting from a phishing incident.
- Represented a commercial lender in connection with data breach response (including consumer notification and regulatory response) and related litigation in connection with unauthorized employee/third-party access to customer information.
- Represented CPA firm in connection with data breach response (including consumer notification and regulatory response) and related litigation in connection with a foreign intrusion into system.
- Represented large financial institution in connection with drafting data protection and privacy policies as well as review and negotiation of vendor contracts relating to data privacy and data protection.
- Represented an insurance brokerage in connection with drafting data protection and privacy policies, NYS DFS cybersecurity compliance, as well as negotiating EU complaint General Data Protection Regulation agreements.
- Represented a commercial lender in connection with creating data security and privacy programs and CCPA compliance.
- New Jersey
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- The Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, JD
- Hofstra University, BA
Daniel Marvin is a Partner in the New York office where he provides a range of litigation and advisory services relating to cybersecurity and data privacy. Daniel’s advisory services include those relating to the development, modification and implementation of written information security plans, employee data security policies, third-party vendor contracts and corporate governance policies, as well as the counseling of clients in all aspects of data breach prevention, detection and response.
With over 20 years of litigation experience, Daniel represents clients in both federal and state courts, including the defense of third-party and class-action matters arising from data breaches. Daniel also advises clients with respect compliance with, and regulatory inquiries relating to international, federal and state privacy and data protection laws including the CCPA, GDPR, GLBA, HIPAA and the N.Y.S. Department of Financial Services cybersecurity regulation.
Daniel is a frequent speaker and author on cybersecurity and data privacy topics and trends, as well as a member of both the Rutgers University and Pace University Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information System’s Cybersecurity Advisory Boards where he provides input and leadership designed to enhance the schools’ cybersecurity programs.
Prior to joining private practice, Daniel served as an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County, New York where he gained significant courtroom experience in the Office’s Criminal Court, Grand Jury and Trial Division Bureaus.