- Recommended lawyer for 'Professional negligence (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2021
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Professional negligence (London)'
"Catherine Shuttleworth ‘leaves no stone unturned’ and is a ‘tenacious and highly knowledgeable lawyer’."
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
- Described as a “well respected individual” for Insurance and re-Insurance and as “excellent” for Professional Negligence.
The Legal 500 UK 2017
Catherine joined Kennedys in 2003 and has been a partner in the insurance division for 12 years based in London. She has over 25 years’ experience in advising insurers and their insureds in professional negligence claims.
Catherine has extensive experience acting in a broad range of professional indemnity practice areas but principally solicitors, accountants, surveyors, insurance intermediaries and insolvency practitioners. She regularly advises insurers on coverage in respect of high quantum disputes, which has included acting for insurers in coverage disputes through mediation/arbitration in the non-UK jurisdictions of Italy and Malta
Catherine has acted for a number of high-profile firms of solicitors including those in the top rankings and firms which themselves conduct professional negligence claims.
Catherine is also a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers.
During her career Catherine has been involved in a number of reported cases including:
- Penn v Bristol & West Building Society 
- Johnson v Bingley Dyson 
- Buckenham v Dickinson 
- Colton v Graysons 
- T&N Ltd v Royal & Sun Alliance 
- AXA Insurance (formerly Winterthur Swiss Insurance Co) v Akther & Darby Solicitors 
- Moduroglu v Stephenson Harwood 
- Various Claimants v Giambrone & AIG 
- Qualified in England and Wales in 1993