- Ben has represented the insurance market in large losses such as the Glasgow School of Art fire (2018), major damage to turbines at an Energy Eco-Park and the devastating fire that damaged the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.
- Acted for a contractor in a multi-million pound dispute in relation to various claims arising out of a significant flood during construction works of a major multi-use regeneration development in London.
- Defended a South Korean company against claims brought in the Technology and Construction Court arising from a fire that destroyed a factory and heavy machinery therein.
- GB Building Solutions Ltd v SFS Fire Services Ltd 
Acted for Defendant at a preliminary issue trial considering the interpretation and effect of joint insurance provisions and modified terms of a JCT Sub-Contract relating to practical completion.
- Michael Hufford v Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd 
Acted for successful Defendant. The High Court revisited the principles to be applied when considering the statutory liability of manufacturers and it importantly clarified the burden of proof under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Brit Inns (in liquidation) v BDW Trading Ltd 
Acted for Defendant in a wake-up call judgment to the insurance industry for adjustment of claims. The case involved a substantial material damage claim and a complex business interruption claim brought in respect of the start-up business.
Ben is a Senior Associate in our London office and his practice is joined-up with many of the Kennedys’ offices around the world.
Ben has significant expertise in dealing with complex disputes involving construction and engineering, property damage, energy and professional indemnity. His clients are both domestic and international.
Ben advises on coverage matters and running subrogated recovery claims for insurers of corporates and high net worth individuals. Ben regularly assists insurer and corporate clients in resolving high value disputes arising out of commercial contracts, construction projects and product liability torts through arbitration, adjudication and litigation.
He is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL). In addition, he regularly lectures and provides in-house training.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2013.