- Author, “Tips for Avoiding First-Party “Bad Faith” in Illinois,” published for Avoiding Insurance Bad Faith Blog (April 2021)
- “Professional Liability Exposures Under Recent Sexual Abuse Legislation,” presented at the ABA TIPS Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee Mid-Year Conference (February 2020)
- “Professional Liability Exposures Under Recent Sexual Abuse Legislation,” presented at the 2019 Professional Liability Seminar (October 2019)
- “Food liability exposures and insurance coverage,” presented at the 2019 PLRB Central Regional Adjuster Conference (September 2019)
- US District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
- US District Court, Northern and Southern District of Indiana
- US District Court, Colorado
- US District Court, Northern District of North Dakota
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD, 2009
- University of Michigan, BA, 2006
Sam Stalker focuses his practice on the representation of insurance carriers in matters involving professional liability, commercial general liability, and first-party property disputes. Sam regularly provides claims handling and coverage advice to insurers and has significant experience litigating declaratory judgment actions, as well as lawsuits alleging breach of contract, rescission, and bad faith.
Sam has been a frequent presenter to claims professionals and attorneys on a range of insurance coverage topics, including bad faith, time-limited policy limit demands, food contamination, and coverage exposures under evolving sexual abuse legislation. He has also authored many articles and client-specific surveys and treatises addressing topics such as the duty to defend, waiver and estoppel, general liability coverage for cyberattacks, and coverage exposure under employer’s liability policies resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.