- Ranked lawyer and notable practitioner for 'Insurance (New Jersey)'
"Heather Simpson has significant experience defending insurers in coverage disputes involving sexual abuse and personal injury claims."
"Heather Simpson is absolutely excellent - she combines common sense with an eye for detail."
Chambers USA 2021
- Ranked as an 'Up-and-Coming' lawyer and notable practitioner for 'Insurance (New Jersey)'
Sources commend Heather Simpson for her "methodical and detail-oriented" approach and her "excellent client service." She has significant experience defending insurers in coverage disputes involving sexual abuse and personal injury claims."
Chambers USA 2020
- Ranked as an 'Up and Coming' lawyer by Chambers US (2019)
Heather Simpson provides counsel on a range of insurance coverage matters, including professional and general liability claims and environmental disputes. One client observes: "She is excellent. She is creative, shows great attention to detail and is responsive and thorough."
Chambers US 2019
- Named a 2018 Rising Star from Law360
- New Jersey
- New York
- US Court of Appeals, Second, Fourth and Eleventh Districts
- US District Court, New Jersey
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- George Washington University Law School, JD (with honors), 2005
- University of Richmond, BA (cum laude), 2002
Heather is a Partner in the Basking Ridge office and handles disputes throughout the United States. Her practice focuses on insurance coverage and commercial litigation matters. She has extensive experience in litigating and pursuing alternative dispute resolution of insurance coverage disputes involving professional liability, general liability, construction, environmental, products liability and employment claims. In recent years, Heather has handled numerous insurance claims arising from class action and mass tort litigation asserted against various sports leagues by former professional and collegiate athletes alleging long-term brain injury. Heather also has experience handling appeals in both state and federal courts.