- National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL) Rising List (2021)
- New York
- New Jersey
- US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern, Southern and Northern Districts of New York
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
- Emory University School of Law, JD, 2009
- Colgate University, BA (magna cum laude), 2004
Cara is Special Counsel in the Basking Ridge office and a member of Kennedys’ Insurance and Claims practice group. She focuses her practice on complex insurance coverage litigation and counseling. Cara represents domestic and international insurers in insurance coverage disputes involving a broad range of policies, including commercial general liability, umbrella, professional liability, Bermuda form excess liability, technology errors and omissions, commercial automobile, commercial property, marine and directors and officers policies. Her diversified experience includes coverage matters involving environmental contamination, advertising injury, product liability, technology/digital media, cyber, pharmaceutical, asbestos bodily injury, first-party property and bad faith claims. Cara has managed disputes through all phases of pre-trial litigation and also provides advice to clients about policy drafting issues, the availability of additional insured coverage and litigating coverage disputes in bankruptcy court.
Following law school, Cara served as a law clerk for Hon. Margaret Cangilos-Ruiz, US Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of New York.