Allied World, Brit & Kennedys are proud to present Jamie Andrew for a practical and inspiring session on how companies and colleagues can use innovation to reduce the barriers to success for people with disabilities. The event will also touch upon ways to overcome differences, and psychological motivation to diminish the gap between differences. Creating an inclusive culture that empowers and values diverse perspectives is essential for driving innovation in the insurance industry. Success depends on all of us working together. Utilizing everyone’s strength is a competitive advantage our organizations can use to succeed in an ever-changing market.
Mr. Andrew is the incredible Scottish mountaineer who, despite having no hands and feet as a quadruple amputee, has climbed the summits of mountains including Kilimanjaro, Matterhorn and Ben Nevis. His remarkable achievements also include running the London Marathon and raising many thousands of pounds for charity along the way.
By the end of the event:
- Attendees will recognise unconscious bias and its potential consequences.
- Delegates will obtain the ability to challenge perceptions within the workplace environment.
- Identify potential innovation opportunities within the workplace.
- Overcome adversity with the ability to change individual mindset to overcome challenges.
- Delegates will obtain a clear understanding of disability barriers within the workplace and utilise innovation to overcome these.
Kennedys’ Claire Mulligan will be moderating the Q&A session which follows Jamie’s talk.
This event will also be held virtually. Register for the virtual event here.
Dive In Festival 2023
In its ninth year, the Dive In Festival continues on its mission to enable people to achieve their potential by raising awareness of the business case and promoting positive action for diversity in all its forms.Dive In website hub