Tristan joined Kennedys Legal Solutions in September 2022, as a Partner in the aviation team and is based in Singapore. He is an English qualified lawyer who specialises in handling contentious aviation / aerospace matters on behalf of various aviation stakeholders and their (re)insurers across multi-jurisdictions.
More broadly, Tristan advises and acts for airlines, helicopter operators, airports, manufacturers, and handling agents and their (re)insurers in all aspects of aviation liability / insurance across multi-jurisdictions. He also has experience in dealing with major and attritional losses on behalf of airlines, including dealing with OFAC sanctions issues, and pursuing recovery actions for (re)insureds / (re)insurers.
In addition, Tristan represents helicopter and other aerospace manufacturers and their (re)insurers in respect of product liability issues / disputes, and advises on industry related agreements and sanctions / coverage issues, including those arising out of Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February 2022.
Tristan's clients include top tier (re)insurers, airlines and helicopter OEMs together with several general aviation operators in Asia Pacific and other key jurisdictions.
Tristan has a published interest in the Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) sector and regularly presents and provides training on aviation and aerospace industry related topics and issues.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2012
- BPP Law School, 2007
Prior to joining Kennedys Legal Solutions, Tristan was recently commended in Legal 500 UK 2022 for being "pragmatic, excellent at communicating and flagging any urgent issues that need expedited reporting", and clients "highly recommend Tristan to anyone who is working in the aviation sector."
Ahead of joining Kennedys Legal Solutions, Tristan's notable experience includes:
- Advising (re)insurers in respect of insurance related sanctions and coverage issues / loss of aircraft arising out of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in February 2022.
- Advising leading aviation (re)insurers in respect of issues arising out of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Acting for a leading manufacturer / insurers in a multi-million-dollar product liability case following a helicopter crash in South Korea 2018.
- Advising an aerospace manufacturer on potential product liability breaches / relevant notifications.
- Pursuing successful subrogated claims for insurers (and insured’s uninsured losses) in Europe and APAC.
- Advising a major Middle Eastern carrier and its (re)insurers in connection with high profile proceedings before the High Court in England concerning a spider bite and the meaning of an "accident" within the purview of Article 17 of the Montreal Convention 1999.
- Advising a major Middle Eastern carrier and its (re)insurers following crash at Dubai International Airport on 3 August 2016.
- Advising a major helicopter operator in connection with crash in Glasgow on 29 November 2013.