- Brooklyn Law School, JD, 2016
- Cornell University, BS, 2009
Michael is an Associate in our New York office. He has extensive experience resolving insurance coverage disputes arising under major professional liability lines, including directors and officers liability, bankers professional liability, errors and omissions liability, and fiduciary liability.
Michael has represented clients involved in mediation, domestic and international arbitration, and in coverage litigation in State and Federal Courts throughout the United States. His work also includes advising clients on coverage and liability/damages issues in connection with securities class actions, shareholder derivative actions, books and records requests, government investigations, enforcement actions, criminal actions, and bankruptcy proceedings.
Michael is a member of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS) and a frequent writer on issues of interest in the professional liability arena.
Qualifications and admissions
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
Presentations and publications
- Co-author, “Supreme Court cuts defendants “slack” on Section 11 direct listing claims,” published for Kennedys (June 2023)
- “Everything you wanted to know about Side-A but were too afraid to ask,” In-House Client Training (April 2023)
- Co-author, “Stillwater: Delaware Supreme Court addresses choice of law principles and insurance coverage for shareholder appraisal actions,” published for Kennedys (February 2023)
- “Private company D&O insurance,” In-House Client Training (October 2022)
- “An Overview of the Rise of US Derivative Actions,” In-House Client Training (April 2022)
- Author, "Another California court broadly interprets “arising from” in a contractual liability exclusion," published for Kennedys (March 2022)
- Co-author, “New breed of SPAC-related litigation? Breach of fiduciary duty lawsuits following de-SPAC transactions,” published for Kennedys (April 2021)
- “Hot Topics 2021,” In-House Client Training (February 2021)
- Co-author, “D&O Insurance Law: 2019 Year in Review,” published for Kennedys (January 2020)
- Co-author, "Arizona Supreme Court to define consent to settlement standard," published for Kennedys (September 2019)
- Co-author, "This Year's Summer Insurance Blockbuster: Office Depot v. AIG Specialty Insurance Company (Starring the Contractual Liability, Prior Acts and Regulatory Exclusions)," published for PLUS Journal (September 2019)