- University of Michigan Law School, JD, 2011
- University of Michigan, BA (with distinction), 2003
Martin is an associate in the Miami office. His practice is focused on complex insurance coverage matters, including commercial general liability, umbrella and excess, and professional liability. Martin counsels insurance carriers on a variety of coverage and claims-handling matters for disputes involving claims of bodily injury, property damage, professional liability, bad faith, additional insured status, and contractual indemnification. Prior to joining the firm, Martin worked for a boutique firm in Miami specializing in insurance coverage and appeals.
While in law school, Martin served as an Executive Editor of the Michigan Journal of International law, and was a Geneva Fellow, for which he spent a semester in Geneva, Switzerland working for an NGO where he researched and wrote about complex trade issues at the World Trade Organization. He also spent a summer as a law clerk for United States District Court Judge Nancy G. Edmunds in the Eastern District of Michigan.
Qualifications and admissions
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, Middle and Southern District of Florida
Presentations and publications
- Co-author “Florida Governor Vetoes Senate Bill 54, Aimed At Overhauling Florida’s Auto Insurance Framework,” published for Kennedys (September 2021)
- Co-author, “The Florida Supreme Court Holds A First-Party Insurer Liable For Bad Faith Claim Handling,” published for Kennedys (January 2019)