Hannah is a Partner and Solicitor Advocate in our financial lines and professional indemnity team, who works out of London and Manchester.
Hannah advises insurers and reinsurers on coverage issues and policy disputes, with a focus on professional indemnity, directors’ and officers’ liability and commercial crime. She also acts on behalf of insurers and policyholders on a range of complex and high-value claims against D&Os and professionals, including solicitors and trustees. Such expertise includes a broad range of dispute resolution in the UK and overseas. Hannah is also known for her work with clients in the construction sector - primarily the defence of contractors, engineers, architects and surveyors, often with cross-jurisdictional elements.
Hannah’s extensive experience in the London insurance market has included two secondments at a top-five insurance broker and a leading worldwide insurer. Hannah has also spent time working in Hong Kong.
Hannah is a representative for the Forum of Insurance Lawyers’ (FOIL) D&O sub-committee and regularly speaks at market events, is involved in the firm’s FCA Consultation responses and is reported in the insurance press.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2012
- Qualified as a Solicitor Advocate in 2014
- Qualified in Northern Ireland in 2018
- 'Up and Coming' lawyer and notable practitioner for 'Professional Negligence (North West)'
"Hannah Williams has always been really impressive. She's very collaborative and knowledgeable".
Chambers UK 2024
- Next Generation Partner and recommended lawyer for 'Professional negligence (North West)'
The Legal 500 UK 2024
Next generation partner and recommended lawyer for 'Professional negligence (North West)'"Hannah Williams is extremely impressive – a brilliant partner".The Legal 500 UK 2023
- Rising Star and recommended lawyer for 'Professional negligence (North West)'
"Hannah Williams is first-rate."
"Hannah Williams is noted for her work advising insurers and reinsurers on complex coverage and monitoring issues."
The Legal 500 UK 2022
- Advising insurers on a policy coverage following worldwide allegations of bribery and corruption against numerous directors of a FTSE 100 company.
- Providing policy advice to reinsurers in relation to allegations of breach of statutory duties associated with the Greek financial crisis in 2008, worth £250million.
- Advising on coverage issues associated with a £1billion property damage and loss of production income claim following damage to an oil platform in the North Sea.
- Representing a design and construct company in relation to the defective design of a wind turbine foundation across six wind farm sites in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, with a quantum of £60million.
- Defending architects and other construction professionals in high-profile multi-party disputes relating to cladding and building regulation compliance following the tragic events at Grenfell Tower.