Will is a senior associate based in our London office. He qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2014 and since then has focused almost exclusively on advising insurers on complex coverage disputes.
Will specialises in advising on first-party property damage, business interruption and cyber insurance but he also has experience of construction and engineering risks, D&O claims, product liability losses and third party claims, including claims brought under the Third Parties (Rights Against Insurers) Act 2010.
He has advised on all aspects of insurance law including validity of notifications (including block notifications), breach of the duty of fair presentation, compliance with policy terms and conditions and the application of the Insurance Act 2015, fraudulent claims and waiver and estoppel issues.
A significant element of Will’s practice is devoted to cyber insurance and he is a regular speaker and author on cyber and data protection risk issues. Will has acted as coverage and monitoring counsel to leading London Market cyber insurers in connection with several recent high-profile cyber incidents.
Will is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).
Qualifications and admissions
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2014
- University of Cambridge, 2011
- Acting for a Lloyd’s syndicate in a coverage dispute in relation to the application of a waste condition following a serious fire at a restaurant.
- Assisting a Lloyd’s syndicate with its response to COVID-19 business interruption claims including drafting template claims correspondence for >50 wordings and advising the syndicate on numerous claims.
- Acting as coverage and monitoring counsel to a leading cyber insurer in relation to multiple high-profile cyber incidents including DDOS and ransomware attacks.
- Acting for insurers in a coverage dispute concerning a product recall claim following a fatality at a cinema due to the alleged contamination of popcorn.
- Assisting an international composite insurer in its response to a multi-million pound public liability claim brought against a vulnerable insured.