Nicola joined Kennedys in 2013 and is a partner in our London office.
Nicola’s practice predominantly focuses on advising insurers and reinsurers on policy coverage issues arising from financial lines products, including financial institutions policies, directors’ and officers’ liability policies, crime and computer crime policies, professional indemnity policies and trustee liability policies.
A significant part of her practice also involves the defence of insured professionals in court proceedings and regulatory actions, including claims against pension administrators and trustees, actuaries, investment funds and their advisors, insurance brokers, accountants, solicitors and independent financial advisers (IFAs).
She is also regularly instructed as monitoring counsel in high value and complex litigation involving these claims.
Nicola works for a variety of London Market insurers and their insureds and in recent years has been seconded to the financial lines teams of Arch Insurance Europe and Markel International. She received the Claims Partner Award for 2017 from a major international insurer, which recognises individuals who have provided their claims team with outstanding service and who demonstrate and promote their claims philosophy.
She is a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).
Qualifications and admissions
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2007
- Advised London Market insurers on policy attachment following £46 million claim against South African bank arising out of trading of futures contracts.
- Advised reinsurers on directors’ and officers’ cover following the collapse of a dam in South America.
- Instructed to defend c.70 claims brought against a firm of UK solicitors following its clients’ investment in a collective investment scheme.
- Successfully defended IFA in complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service concerning pension transfer advice.