Donald is a senior associate based at Kennedys’ London office. He qualified in 2010 as a solicitor in England and Wales. He also works from Kennedys’ Bristol office.
Donald’s practice is in litigation and insurance coverage advisory work. He acts for the insurers of financial institutions, directors, professionals and trustees.
That includes accountants, auditors, legal and tax advisers, insolvency practitioners, financial and off-shore services providers, universities, property professionals, construction professionals, utility providers, sports governance bodies, local government, banks, building societies and payment institutions.
Donald specialises in complex, document-heavy and high-value claims often involving allegations of fraud. He acts in litigation in the Business and Property Courts, insurance coverage disputes and regulatory investigations involving financial services (FCA/PRA) and professional discipline (e.g. ICAEW).
Donald holds a degree in German, and has acted on defence and coverage matters in that language including a €multi-billion directors' liability claim.
- Defending receivers in a Commercial Court preliminary issue trial and the Court of Appeal against claim arising from c. £80m sale of the property in receivership. CNM Estates (Tolworth Tower) Ltd v Vecref I Sarl
- Defending accountants in a 7-week trial against $70m claim arising from the construction of a holiday resort in the Caribbean. Identified by The Lawyeras one of the Top 20 cases of 2016. Harlequin Property (SVG) Ltd v Wilkins Kennedy
- Defending solicitors against £80 million claim arising out of the collapse of a hedge fund.
- Defending construction professionals against £70m claim arising from PFI project.
- Defending property professionals against £6m claim following legal issues regarding a large property sale and redevelopment. Powis Street Estates (No.3) Ltd v Wallace LLP
- Acting for Financial Lines insurers in relation to £600m shareholder class action.
- Acting for Financial Lines insurers in relation to alleged £multi-billion mis-selling of financial products.
- Acting for insurers in relation to competition law class action.