- University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School, JD, 2008
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, BA, 2005
Nicole is an associate in the firm’s Chicago office and joined Kennedys in 2013. She represents clients in all aspects of the insurance and reinsurance business, including claims counseling, litigation and arbitration, business transactions, and regulatory issues. She defends a range of companies against mass tort claims including asbestos suits and frequently handles these cases from start to finish.
Nicole graduated with honors from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, ranking second in her major. Before receiving her law degree from the University’s Law School in 2008, she competed overseas for the school as both member and coach of the International Arbitration team. In 2007, she was a semi-finalist in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot.
Nicole enjoys running, traveling and spending time at her family’s cabin in Upper Michigan.
Qualifications and admissions
- US District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
- US District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- US District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Assisted in the defense of a facultative reinsurer in a large casualty loss through hearing.
- Participated in the defense of treaty reinsurer from claims by state regulators involving an insolvent ceding company through trial.
- Assisted in the prosecution of claims against an MGU on behalf of treaty reinsurer for negligence and breach of contract and recovering 80% of the demand amount without the need for arbitration or litigation.