Kerri is a senior associate based in Kennedys’ Birmingham office. She joined Kennedys in 2016 as a trainee solicitor and qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2018.
Kerri predominately represents and advises clients in respect of property damage, construction and product liability disputes. She has experience of handling claims arising from fire, flood, defective construction works, defective design and defective products.
Kerri also has a wealth of experience in providing insurance coverage advice on a range of property and liability policies.
She has extensive experience of handling high value, multi-party litigated cases as well as a successful track record in alternative resolution processes, including mediation.
- Assisting on a multi-party claim relating to a high value construction dispute involving the design of the internal and external slabs at a large warehouse.
- Successfully mediating a multi-party party wall dispute, achieving favourable settlement terms on behalf of a structural engineering client.
- Successful repudiation of a claim presented under a Contractors Choice policy following a large landslip during the construction of residential properties.
- Advised PL insurers on coverage issues arising from the erection of a non-compliant cladding system on student accommodation.
- As a trainee Kerri spent 6 months on secondment at a major construction company, drafting and advising on contractual documentation to support the business across its building, rail and infrastructure divisions.