- Commercial business counselling and disputes
- Directors’ and officers’ liability
- Employment issues and disputes
- Healthcare, including managed care and healthcare liability
- International arbitration/Bermuda form
- Life, health & disability insurance
- Professional liability
- Real estate/commercial property
- Reinsurance disputes and advisory services
- Shipping and international trade, including maritime, aviation, transportation and logistics
With offices in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Texas, Florida, California and Delaware, we offer deep sector counselling and representation that is carefully tailored to local needs.
- 9 offices
- 79 partners
- 160+ lawyers
Kennedys was established in the United States in June 2017 by the merger with US-based insurance firm Carroll McNulty & Kull. Elevated by each other’s complementary strengths, Kennedys offers honest, straightforward legal advice to the insurance and reinsurance industry wherever in the world our clients require it.
With offices in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Texas, Florida, California and Delaware, we offer deep sector counselling and representation that is carefully tailored to local needs. Our US complement of over 160 lawyers regularly advises clients in the insurance, reinsurance, financial, construction and engineering, healthcare, shipping and real estate sectors. Our lawyers are admitted in numerous jurisdictions and we regularly represent clients at all levels of state and federal courts across the US, with our Miami office also serving as a hub for matters throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. Our extensive litigation and trial experience is matched by our ability to creatively and efficiently resolve matters outside of the courtroom, including through mediation and arbitration.
We recently received a Tier 2 ranking in US Legal 500 in Insurance: advice to insurers, achieved a top Band 1 ranking in Chambers USA 2022 for Insurance (New Jersey) and have been named as one of the best law firms in New Jersey by US News & World Report 2017-2022, and also as a best law firm in San Francisco for 2022.
We advise and represent our global and domestic clients, including insurers, multinational corporations and financial institutions, in a host of areas, including:
• Insurance coverage: all First-Party and Third-Party liability including asbestos, construction defect, environmental, cyber risk, products liability, advertising and personal injury, and extra-contractual liability;
• Insurance defense: all personal and commercial lines, auto, premises, construction, architects and engineers, and professional liability.
Other key practice areas
The lawyers at Kennedys are smart and work with opposing counsel in a manner that advances both sides' interests by avoiding fights that are unnecessary and negotiating to resolve issues.
Chambers USA 2022
Rewriting the risk: Addressing the challenge of climate change
Our latest global report finds that the insurance industry has a central role in building wider understanding about climate-related risks and in mitigating against those risks.Find out more
Kennedys 2021 cybersecurity and privacy (US) year in review
As the world emerged from lockdown, it should come as no surprise that cybersecurity and data privacy remained dominant topics in the media and legal industry.Read more