- Represented contractor in major explosion case that resulted in multiple deaths. Successfully extricated our client from case without any finding of liability.
- Represented a major gas station chain in an action involving a fall at the premises and was able to have case dismissed on theory of out of possession landlord.
- Represented large title company in a financial fraud case where the case dismissed after motion practice with no finding of liability.
- Represented a New York City hospital in regard to a catastrophic injury suffered by a delivery worker who was injured on a temporary construction platform. Obtained a defense verdict dismissing the case against the hospital.
- Represented a national distribution company on a damages-only traumatic brain injury trial with 15 testifying experts and exposure over $20M. Obtained a low six figure verdict after seven weeks of trial.
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Brooklyn Law School, JD, 1998
- New York University, Stern School of Business, BS, 1995
Mickey is a Partner in the New York office. He has successfully tried cases involving alleged injuries related to construction accidents, products liability claims, premises liability claims, negligent security actions and trucking accidents. At trial, Mickey employs a common sense approach to defeat cases where a defendant has been wrongly sued or where a claimant has greatly exaggerated the extent of injuries from a particular incident. Additionally, Mickey has handled litigation involving unfounded allegations of food poisoning, as well as workers compensation, employment discrimination and commercial contract disputes. Mickey has represented suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, restaurants, commercial building owners, general contractors and subcontractors. He has obtained defense verdicts and/or favorable settlements at both the federal level and the state trial courts in New York City and the surrounding suburban counties.
Additionally, Mickey has handled actions involving subrogation claims and major property damage claims, again successfully defeating such claims when they are unsupported by the evidence. He also has extensive transactional experience in the areas of business formation and commercial and personal real estate transactions, as well as consulting clients during the drafting and negotiation of contracts.
Earlier in his career, Mickey served as an Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of New York where he represented the City before the New York Supreme Court and the New York State Workers Compensation Board.
Mickey received his undergraduate degree from New York University, Stern School of Business where he was a Racoosin Scholar and a shooting guard on the basketball team. He received his law degree from Brooklyn Law School.
Mickey has been recognized by New York Super Lawyers (2014-2021)