- Acting for multiple global car manufactures with respect to NOx emissions group (or “class”) action litigation.
- Acting for a global medical device manufacturer in respect of commercially sensitive product liability claims relating to surgical devices.
- Advising start-ups and blue chip companies with respect to international product launches of new and novel products within the technology, consumer electronics, life sciences, industrial and automotive sectors.
- Coordinating multiple global product recalls covering products within the consumer electronics, industrial and automotive sectors.
- Ad-hoc advices to corporates and insurers on a variety of topics regarding their regulatory compliance responsibilities. This includes projects reporting on regulatory requirements in almost 200 jurisdictions.
- Advising on drafting of producer/manufacturer B2B and B2C contracts, with specific reference to product specific terms and clauses.
Tom is a senior associate in our London commercial team specialising in products law, with a broad practice in this area covering product safety, regulation, compliance and liability disputes, including group (or “class”) actions.
He acts for a diverse range of corporates and insurers including in the consumer goods, technology, construction, life sciences, industrial and automotive sectors.
His matters have a multi-jurisdictional focus and touch upon the full product lifecycle from product regulatory work including global product launches, ongoing regulatory compliance, recall and dealing with product related claims, including mass tort, class action and collective redress.
His regulatory work is broad covering issues including conformity in novel and new/emerging technology, borderline devices, environmental & social governance (“ESG”), labelling and consumer-facing claims, supply-chain due diligence, and Artificial intelligence.
Tom has extensive experience of complex litigation and dispute resolution of the highest value covering the products, insurance and personal injury sectors.
Tom’s other interests are legal technology and innovation, particularly the development of novel products and strategies in the dispute resolution space. This has included projects involving harnessing predictive analytics to drive claim strategy, systems for efficiently managing group (or “class”) action claims, online dispute resolution platforms, and a quantum and complex financial loss application for more accurate claim reserving.