- Next Generation Partner and recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2022
- Rising Star and recommended lawyer for 'Personal injury: Defendant (London)
"Senior associate Stephen Foster regularly acts in cases involving severe internal injury, multiple orthopaedic injury, functional neurological disorder and complex regional pain syndrome."
The Legal 500 UK 2021
- Rising Star and Recommended Lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2019/20
- Next Generation Lawyer and Recommended Lawyer for 'Personal injury: defendant (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2018/19
Stephen is a Partner in Kennedys’ London office and qualified in England and Wales in 2012. Stephen advises on motor, public liability and employers’ liability claims resulting in catastrophic injuries. He manages cases of the utmost severity including brain injury, spinal injury, amputations, multiple orthopaedic injuries, severe psychiatric injury and complex regional pain syndrome.
Stephen has a particular specialism in the defence of amputation claims and is a member of the International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics. Stephen also specialises in defending fatal accident claims.
His personal caseload is comprised of reserves of up to £100 million at any one time including claims with an international element involving jurisdictional / applicable law disputes or considerations.
Stephen regularly presents in the UK and abroad on a range of topics associated with complex claims. He is a co-author and editor of a number of publications, including Kennedys' Claims Handling Law and Practice Guide and catastrophic claims guide.
Stephen is the product sponsor for the firms rehabilitation technology product and is a member of the FOIL Rehab Sector Focus Team.
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2012