- 'Up and coming' partner and notable practitioner for 'Insurance: Contentious Claims & Reinsurance (UK-wide)'
"Katherine is very impressive and knows reinsurance very well."
"She gives very good, practical advice."
Chambers UK 2022
- Recommended lawyer for 'Product liability: defendant (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2022
- Up and Coming lawyer for 'Insurance: Contentious claims & reinsurance (UK-wide)'
"She is simply superb...She's very strategic in the advice she provides to clients."
Chambers UK 2021
- Recommended lawyer for 'Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation (Manchester)'
The Legal 500 UK 2021
- “She is very good at complex coverage disputes with our insureds, and I use her on high-value arbitration. She's very thorough, she knows her stuff, she's a strategic thinker, and that's what counts.”
The Gracechurch London Market Insurance Law Report 2019
- Recommended Lawyer for 'Product liability: defendant (London)'
The Legal 500 UK 2019/20
Katherine is a senior partner in our London office and co-Chair of Kennedys’ International Arbitration Group.
She specialises in insurance, reinsurance and general commercial dispute resolution (litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution), working primarily on complex, high value and multi-jurisdiction disputes.
Katherine’s comprehensive insurance and reinsurance practice sees her act for insurers, reinsurers and brokers in the UK and international markets. Her main areas of expertise include casualty (including the Bermuda Form), construction and engineering, onshore energy, property, financial institutions, D&O, fine art and specie, and brokers’ negligence. She regularly deals with matters including law and jurisdiction, policy coverage, aggregation, subrogation, fraud and enforcement.
Katherine also acts for commercial clients in relation to UK and international contractual and tortuous disputes. She has been involved in a number of high profile and commercially sensitive matters, as well as a multitude of cases involving fraud.
As a result of her experience and having undertaken four secondments in the London market, she has considerable expertise in the practical and commercial aspects affecting the handling of claims and litigation.
Katherine is an Accredited Mediator by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) and is presently in CIArb training to become an arbitrator. She is also an Executive Committee Member of the International Fine Art and Specie Insurance Conference and a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers.
Katherine is an author in the latest edition of Kennedys’ Claims Handling Law and Practice Guide which was published in February 2021.