- Obtained summary judgment in favor of insurer and against a putative additional insured seeking a defense and more than $3 million in indemnity arising from an underlying construction defect lawsuit.
- Represented insurer as second chair at trial, where judgment was entered in favor of client on significant issues concerning insurance coverage for underlying asbestos bodily injury liabilities.
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois Bankruptcy Court
- US District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, JD, 2012
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BA, 2008
Bevin joined Kennedys' Chicago office as an Associate in June 2014. Her practice primarily focuses on complex insurance coverage matters, including those involving construction, environmental, toxic tort, products liability, professional liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, and property damage issues. She has experience litigating cases in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Bevin graduated from the University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign with a bachelor’s degree in Political Science and English. She went on to receive her law degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law, where she served as a representative for the Student Bar Association and as an Associate Editor for the Chicago-Kent Journal of International and Comparative Law. She also served as an Associate Editor and Author for the Chicago-Kent Seventh Circuit Review, an online publication that featured her honors seminar paper concerning judicial discretion in assessing the reliability of an expert’s methodology.
Bevin is a member of the Young Alumni Council of the Alumni Board at Chicago-Kent College of Law. She is also a member of the Associate Board for the Coordinated Advice and Referral Program for Legal Services (CARPLS), which provides advice and counsel to low-income clients in the areas of family law, consumer debt and landlord-tenant matters.