- Mirus Australia Pty Ltd v Nicholas Gage  NSWSC 1046 – successfully brought contempt of Court, breach of restraints of trade/misuse of confidential information proceedings.
- Safe Work NSW v Wollongong Glass Pty Ltd  NSWDC 58 - successfully defended a work health and safety prosecution involving a fatality.
- Ingersole v Castle Hill Country Club Limited  FCCA 450 – successfully defended a general protections claim.
- Moody Kiddell & Partner Pty Ltd v Benjamin John Arkell & Ors  FCA 1066 – successfully established breach of restraints of trade, the destruction of evidence and abuse of Court process.
- R v UI-Haque  NSWSC 1251 – successfully challenged the admissibility of evidence relied upon by the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions, resulting in the withdrawal of terrorism related offences.
- Esho v Parole Board Authority of NSW and Anor  NSWSC 304 – successfully obtained prerogative relief quashing a determination of the New South Wales Parole Authority.
Justin is a partner in Kennedys’ Sydney office. He is an employment and work health and safety expert representing large corporates, insurers, government and C-level individuals. He is known for his litigation expertise and pragmatic advice.
Justin advises on effective employee management, the protection of confidential information and intellectual property, executive/shareholder dispute mitigation, misconduct in the workplace and work health and safety. His unique experience in both insolvency and criminal law is invaluable to external appointments, work health & safety prosecutions, investigative matters and regulatory audits.
Justin’s expertise includes:
- strategic and proactive management of all aspects of employment relations including employment contracts, termination of employment, discrimination, harassment/bullying, workplace policies and procedures, enterprise bargaining, mergers and acquisitions
- executive employment, industrial disputes and resolution
- specialisation in post-employment restraints, intellectual property and confidential information matters
- extensive experience in adverse action, unfair dismissals and complex litigation;
- investigations into allegations of serious misconduct, misappropriation, whistleblower and corrupt conduct
- advocate before the State and Federal Courts, Fair Work Commission, NSW &
Australian Crime Commissions and ASIO hearings
- training on employment relations and work health & safety compliance.