- Ranked in Tier 1 for ‘Insurance (Hong Kong)’ practice by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
- Ranked in Tier 4 for ‘Dispute Resolution: Litigation (Hong Kong)’ practice by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
"Christine Tsang, Sandy Cho and Meiling Yip all share the same understated but serious and mature dedication to their cases. They are all excellent lawyers and team leaders who insist on excellence"
- Meiling Yip is named as a Recommended Lawyer for 'Insurance (Hong Kong)'
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
- “She gives very clear legal advice which is good for our company. It only takes a short time to settle the claim.”
Gracechurch APAC Report 2017
- Meiling Yip is listed as Recommended Individual for Insurance and client quotes that she is “good at providing support in casualty cases.”
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Meiling leads the Kennedys Liability Defence Team in Hong Kong. She joined Kennedys in 2008 after 12 years’ experience in major international law firms. She qualified in Hong Kong (1998) and England and Wales (1999).
Meiling represents insurers, employers and corporations in all types of personal injury and casualty claims. She specialises in employees’ compensation, employers’ and public liability matters with a particular focus on construction related accidents, large or sensitive losses and policy disputes. This includes multiple claimant incidents, catastrophic injuries, high profile sporting accidents, school liability, complicated triple insurance issues as well as various property damage claims.
Meiling also manages voluminous injury claims with a particular emphasis on IT solutions for claims management.
She is the author of Kennedys’ e-bulletins on personal injury law and regularly holds seminars to share her thought leadership on these issues. She has been noted in Legal 500 Asia Pacific as a leader in this practice area.