- In the trial court and again on appeal, prevailed on behalf of an insurer in a dispute concerning application of a policy exclusion as a matter of first impression both in New Jersey and nationally
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of an automobile insurer, defeating an uninsured motorist claim stemming from a major motor vehicle accident and implicating multiple insurance policies.
- Facilitated a successful settlement in a case involving an additional insured claim with potential bad faith exposure resulting from multiple wrongful death and bodily injury claims.
- Negotiated and enforced a favorable settlement in a commercial property case involving misrepresentations by an insured and policy rescission.
- Successfully defended an automobile insurer in the trial court and at the appellate level against contribution claims by a public entity stemming from an automobile accident involving a public employee.
- Second chaired a multi-phase trial involving multiple insurers disputing availability of coverage for a large-scale environmental contamination claim.
- New Jersey
- New York
- US Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- US District Court, New Jersey
- Seton Hall University School of Law, JD (cum laude), 2008
- Stern College, Sy Syms School of Business, BA, (magna cum laude), 2005
Kate is a Partner in the Basking Ridge office with established expertise in evaluating, litigating and resolving insurance coverage matters. Kate represents insurers and reinsurers in a broad array of industries, including construction, commercial property, environmental, automobile, professional liability, employers’ liability, and mass tort.
As an experienced litigator, Kate represents insurers in state and federal courts nationwide in matters involving high-profile and complex claims, including those concerning contribution and allocation among insurers. She also has significant experience in the realm of alternative dispute resolution, handling cases involving both first-party and liability coverage.
Kate is a graduate of Seton Hall University School of Law, where she was a member of the moot court board. During law school, she interned with the Legal Services of New Jersey organization, representing indigent clients in landlord/tenant and family law disputes.
Outside of the office, Kate is an active member of the Board of Trustees of the Boys and Girls Club of Clifton.