29/11/2022 10:00 AM
New Scottish legislation webinar
This webinar has now taken place, but please complete our form if you would like to be sent a copy of the recording.
The National Care Service (Scotland) Bill and the proposed Freedom of Information Reform (Scotland) Bill
We are pleased to be hosting our webinar on Tuesday 29 November 2022 in conjunction with ALARM.
During this webinar our expert speakers will be providing an insight into future plans for fundamental reform directly impacting two important areas for Scottish public authorities; those who contract with them in general, and those providing social care in Scotland. The Scottish Government has indicated an intention to establish a National Care Service by 2026.
Freedom of Information reform was recommended by a Parliamentary Committee in 2018, and is now likely to be driven forward as a Member’s Bill. Both Bills are likely to complete their Parliamentary process in this Parliament, and both will have a substantial impact on the Scottish public sector:
- The policy context behind the introduction of each Bill.
- An insight into the principal provisions of each Bill, outlining the main changes being introduced and considering how these will affect public authorities.
- The legislative path each Bill is taking and the current position with each.
- An insight into how attendees can be involved in discussion and seek to influence the progress of these Bills.
- Horizon scanning on what the future holds in Scotland for social care and freedom of information.
If you would like to register your interest in this webinar, please contact our events team.