25/05/2022 4:00 PM
Building Safety Act 2022 - open forum
Are you ready for the Building Safety Act? What measures can you put in place now, to prepare your firm for the changes ahead?
The Building Safety Bill has passed its final legislative hurdle and is now an Act of Parliament. We bring together the new regulator, lawyers and construction industry experts for a workshop on the immediate implications and to discuss what you can do now to prepare your firm for the most wide ranging changes ever to building safety in the UK. We shall discuss how the Building Safety Act will practically affect contractors and consultants and what steps and measures might be taken by your firm in order to avoid falling foul of these legislative changes.
- Martin Adie, Head of Quality Regional England and Wales, Balfour Beatty
- Annette Hall, Operational Policy Lead, Health and Safety Executive/Building Safety Regulator
- Andrew Harrison-Sleap, Executive Director and Global Deputy Head of Construction, Howden Insurance Brokers
- Amanda Long, Chief Executive, Building a Safer Future Charter
- Paul Lowe, Partner, Kennedys
- Ian Mills, Head of Quality, Balfour Beatty,
- Angela Roberts, Senior Associate, Kennedys
Get It Right Initiative (GIRI)
The Get It Right Initiative is a group of UK construction industry experts, organisations and businesses actively improving productivity, quality, sustainability and safety in the construction sector by eliminating error.
If you would like register your interest in joining the open forum please contact our events team.