23/11/2020 1:00 PM
Scandinavian EL/PL webinar - COVID-19
We are delighted to be holding our employer's liability and public liability webinar on Monday 23 November 2020, at 13.00 CET, where we will welcome guest speaker Dr Thushan de Silva to discuss the latest epidemiological evidence relating to COVID-19.
The program will be as follows:
James Shrimpton, Partner, Kennedys, will be discussing:
- Developments over the last eight months and the implications for liability.
- Claimant solicitor behaviours - notifications and claims.
- The legacy of COVID-19 for our industrial and business landscape.
Dr Thushan de Silva, Senior Clinical Lecturer and Honorary Consultant Physician in Infectious Diseases, The University of Sheffield will be discussing:
- What is SARS-CoV-2 and how is it transmitted?
- What does it cause (typical respiratory symptoms, and what is going on in the respiratory system to generate those symptoms)?
- What evidence there is of longer term conditions – “long COVID”, and more serious complications arising from the original infection.
- What is the relationship between exposure, risk of infection, and disease severity?
- What can and can't genetic information from the virus (i.e sequencing) tell us about transmission?
Greg Woods, Partner, Kennedys, will explore:
- Proving causation (the tests and likely approach of the courts).
- Further thoughts on quantum.
Terje Marthinsen, Attorney/Advokat (H), Kogstad Lunde & Co, Fredrik Seemann, Attorney/Partner, Norelid Advokatbyrå, and Heidi Bloch, Senior Associate, Kennedys, will give a brief overview of the developments over the last eight months in their jurisdictions and the implications for liability.
If you would like to register your interest in joining this webinar please contact our events team.