In 2022 the festival theme - this year's anchoring global narrative and rallying message - is Building Braver Cultures - to build braver, psychologically safe working cultures.
Building braver, psychologically safe working cultures
In previous years the festival has explored how organisations can embrace a more diverse and inclusive workforce. The task now, in 2022, is to build braver, psychologically safe work cultures – both on and offline – that truly allow people to feel safe, valued, respected and free to express themselves.
This incredibly important conversation and major subject area in DE&I is about how diverse groups of people think and act in the workplace in response to the environments created by both colleagues and leadership.
We each experience our environment and participate in work in different ways, so we need to build braver cultures, accelerating the creation of inclusive environments within our organisations where all people are respected, recognised, valued and empowered to speak and behave authentically.
An inclusive and safe environment allows everyone to be curious and speak up, ask questions, challenge assumptions, to build their cultural competence and become better allies.
The key action the audience is invited to take, as they participate with the festival, is:
To take action to build braver and supportive workplace cultures and safer spaces that enable colleagues to be able to express themselves authentically.
Objectives for Dive In 2022
Dive In across the globe
- Continue to engage and educate people at all levels on the business case for Diversity & Inclusion.
- Provide people with understanding, knowledge and tools to implement positive change.
- Create impact for Diversity & Inclusion within the insurance industry.
In new countries
- Concentrate on raising awareness for diversity and inclusion.
- Consider ways to build momentum for the Diversity & Inclusion agenda.
In existing Dive In countries
- Increase focus this year on attracting new audiences beyond the ‘converts’ and sharing the tools that will encourage attendees to move from awareness into action and create measurable impact.
2022 is staying hybrid
After the success of Dive In across recent years, the Dive In Festival 2022 will continue to be a hybrid festival with some events taking place in person, some virtually, and some hybrid (delivered physically and virtually streamed).
A hybrid festival allows for events to be both delivered and attended globally with the additional option for speakers to be based in different international locations.
In 2021, festival registrants came from a total of 103 countries across the globe.