5 nov 2020 12:00
EL/PL - COVID-19 webinar
We are delighted to be hosting our employers' liability and public liability webinar on Thursday 5 November 2020, where we will welcome guest speaker Dr Thushan de Silva who will discuss the latest epidemiological evidence relating to COVID-19.
James Shrimpton, Partner, Kennedys will explore:
- Developments over the last 8 months and the implications for liability.
- Claimant solicitor behaviours –notifications and claims.
- The legacy of COVID for our industrial and business landscape.
- What is SARS-CoV-2 and how is it transmitted?
- What does it cause (typical respiratory symptoms, and what is going on in the respiratory system to generate those symptoms)?
- What evidence there is of longer term conditions – “long COVID”, and more serious complications arising from the original infection.
- What is the relationship between exposure, risk of infection, and disease severity?
- What can and can't genetic information from the virus (i.e sequencing) tell us about transmission?
Greg Woods, Partner, Kennedys will then discuss:
- Proving causation (the tests and likely approach of the courts).
- Further thoughts on quantum.
If you would like to register your interest in this webinar please contact our events team.