- Acting in expedited Supreme Court claims for multiple health practitioners involving alleged delay in diagnosis.
- Acting in Supreme Court claims with up to six plaintiffs for nervous shock and loss of financial dependency.
- Acting and advising on high-value and complex claims arising from catastrophic injuries, including birth injuries.
- Acting and investigating deaths reported to the Coroner and appearing at formal inquests.
- Acting and advising health practitioners on notifications made to AHPRA, appearing at Immediate Action Hearings regarding proposed suspension and VCAT hearings for alleged professional misconduct.
- Acting for public and private hospitals in litigation and coronial investigations.
Anjali is a Partner in Kennedys’ Melbourne office. She has extensive experience advising and representing medical indemnity insurers, medical practitioners, health professionals and public and private hospitals. Her practice spans the following:
Complex medical malpractice claims in the County Court and Supreme Court of Victoria. Claims include catastrophic injuries to an infant or child, brain and spinal injuries, metastatic cancer, nervous shock arising from a death and claims involving multiple plaintiffs and psychiatric injuries.
Disciplinary investigations by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), Immediate Actions Hearings and hearings against the Medical Board at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). These investigations include issues about performance, prescribing drugs of dependence, mandatory reporting, advertising, privacy, medical records, doctor/patient boundaries and health impairments.
Coronial and other investigations, including inquests, Medicare investigations and complaints to the Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC).
Anjali completed a secondment with the Australian Medical Association of Victoria (AMAV), where she provided legal advice to medical practitioners. Anjali continues to assist AMAV with legal issues.
Anjali has established a leading reputation amongst clients, colleagues and peers in the health law industry. She is a strong advocate for clients, engages and supports health practitioners and provides clear strategic thinking. She develops and encourages ongoing innovation within her team and at Kennedys to deliver value-add to clients and assist with their strategic ambitions.