Mike is a Senior Associate in the professional liability team working across London and the South West. Mike qualified at a London based insurance firm in March 2014 and joined Kennedys in November 2014.
Mike specialises in the defence of claims against professionals in the construction industry including architects, engineers, surveyors, building inspectors, property managers and contractors.
Much of his work involves complex, high value, multi-party proceedings. He is experienced in civil procedure, predominantly in the TCC, as well as alternative dispute resolution including adjudication, arbitration and mediation.
Mike’s caseload includes claims relating to:
- the use of cladding on student accommodation;
- the use of modular design on student accommodation;
- compliance with building regulations;
- negligent specification, design and delay in respect of luxury residential developments in Central London, nuclear power plants, schools, galleries and commercial developments;
- the appointment of Party Wall surveyors;
- valuations in respect of the significant development of land;
- Property damage arising from major loss events including fire, flood and subsidence.
Mike is pragmatic in his approach and looks for innovative, practical and cost-effective solutions.
He has undertaken a secondment with a major London insurer, has authored a number of published articles including on the use of modern methods of construction and is also a member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers (FOIL).
- Qualified in England and Wales in 2014