- Successfully defending one of Australia’s largest law firm against two large Supreme Court of NSW claims. A $28 million and $45 million claim, respectively. Both cases concluded after a trial with favourable judgments
- Coverage counsel regarding separate Federal Court class actions against a large retirement village operator
- Coverage and defence counsel regarding separate Supreme Court of New South Wales class actions against a trustee.
- Successfully defending a large firm of solicitors in the Supreme Court of Queensland regarding a claim involving an $84 million family trust dispute. The plaintiffs’ allegations against the firm included a breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, and misleading and deceptive conduct. The matter settled at mediation on very favourable terms for the firm
- Defending a firm of Environmental Engineers regarding a Supreme Court of Victoria claim concerning a $15 million to $33 million asbestos dispute. The plaintiffs allege the firm was negligent, in breach of contract and misleading and deceptive, in failing to identify in a report the true extent of asbestos subsequently found at a site
Zoë is a Senior Associate in Sydney with considerable experience in defendant insurance litigation (with a focus on financial lines claims), commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
Zoë’s experience includes:
- regularly acting as coverage and defence counsel in respect of complex claims against professionals such as lawyers, financial planners, accountants, and building professionals such as engineers;
- working extensively on two Royal Commissions including acting for insurers for the recent Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry; and
- acting as coverage counsel for insurers